1. Information We Collect
When you use the Platform, for example to register for an account, update your information, use certain features, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us, we may collect information that relates to you, including but not limited to:
• Identifiers: Your name, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, email address, other addresses at which you are able to receive communications, or IP addresses.
• Demographic Information: We collect information that is protected by California or federal law if you include it on forms you fill out when using the Platform. This information may include your age (which is a protected characteristic for people who are 40 years or older), your sex, gender, gender identity or gender expression.
• Internet Activity Information: Information about your browsing behavior and internet history, including data from Cookies, Pixel Tags and Web Beacons; your browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Platform (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We obtain the personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
• Directly from you (for example, when you submit such information through the Platform directly).
• From our service partners, like The Walt Disney Company, which automatically make available to us your IP address and certain other information about your network activity.
• From cookies and other tracking tools (see below for more information).
• From other sources (such as other websites operated by Industrial Media that you use, as well as third parties like business partners, sub-contractors in advertising networks or analytics providers).
Cookies and Pixel Tags. The Platform makes use of a feature of Internet web browsers called “cookies”, which are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive or in your wireless phone or other wireless device. Cookies are used to maintain session information between your browser and the Platform.
When we place a cookie on your browser, we are able to collect your IP address, web browser software and referring websites.
This information helps us to customize your user experience on the Platform by providing services and features relevant to you/your interests.
Clickstream Data. We may from time to time analyze, receive and store certain information relating to your use of, and behavior on, the Platform. This information is commonly referred to as “clickstream” information. For example, we may record information such as the areas of the Platform you have accessed, the time, date and URL of the pages requested by you, your IP address and your browser software. We may also capture the country from which the visit came. Among other uses, the recording of such information enables us to monitor the areas of the Platform that are most popular and to improve sections of the Platform accordingly and to generally administer the Platform.
Performance Analytics. The Platform uses Google Analytics to track usage and provide analytics about activity on the Platform. Google will place its own cookies to collect traffic and activity data in order to deliver relevant metrics and information to us. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and exercise the opt-out provided by Google by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. For more information regarding cookies, tracking technologies and your choices, please see the “Your Choices” section below.
2. How We Use Your Information
We and companies that perform business operations on behalf of the Platform (“Vendors”) use and disclose personal information to:
• to operate the services and features on the Platform and provide you with information you have requested from us;
• to help us gain a better understanding of your likes and dislikes, so as to improve the Platform, our marketing strategies and the products, services and features generally offered by us, our Affiliates or other Partners (as defined below);
• for authentication and fraud prevention;
• to administer your registration if you have registered on the Platform;
• to communicate with you by email, regular mail or mobile communications (including SMS/MMS) regarding products or services and to keep you informed of new developments or offers similar to those available on the Platform (from us, our Affiliates or other Partners, as defined below) that we believe may be of interest to you;
• to respond to your inquiries and requests;
• to notify you about casting calls or submissions or changes to the Platform; and
• by sharing such information, with your consent, with our Affiliates and/or Partners to allow them to contact you directly with products and services that may be of interest to you.
We also may use information collected as described in this policy with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Communications. If you opt-in to receive promotional email and/or mobile communications from us, you may opt-out from receiving future promotional communications from us at any time. For opting-out of promotional emails, please follow the opt-out instructions within the body of each promotional email. For opting-out of all mobile communications, please follow the opt-out instructions within the body of each text message or send a reply to the promotional text message with “STOP” in the body. Please note that if you opt-out from receiving promotional email communications, we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Platform, such as service announcements, or similar administrative or transactional messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Please note that if you consent to receive communications directly from our Affiliates or Partners, such those entities will be responsible for opting you out of future communications. Any requests to opt-out from future communications must be addressed with the applicable Affiliate or Partner.
3. How We May Share Your Information
Employees, Contractors, and Vendors. From time to time we may provide your information to companies and individuals we engage or employ to perform services on our behalf including our employees, contractors and vendors (collectively, “Vendors”), such as analyzing information, providing marketing assistance and/or providing information technology and related services. Our Vendors will have access to only the information required by them to perform their services, and may not use such information for any other purposes, nor are they to provide your information to third parties without your consent.
Partners. We may also provide your information to certain companies that we choose to partner with (“Partners”). If you sign up for a special email offer from one of our Partners, we will also share your email address and any other information you provided with your request with the Partner you selected.
Affiliates And Other Third Parties For Marketing Purposes. With your consent, Industrial Media may sell or share your personal information with our affiliated companies for their own direct marketing purposes. Industrial Media’s general policy is that we do not share the personal information we collect from you on the Platform with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent (via opt-in or otherwise). Our affiliates include: Industrial Media ATL, Inc., Focus Enterprises, Inc., 19 Entertainment, Inc., 19 TV Ltd., 19 Entertainment Ltd., 19 Recordings, Inc. 19 Publishing, Inc., 19 Recording Services, Inc., 19 Entertainment Legacy, Inc., Dance Nation Productions, Inc., 19 Entertainment Worldwide LLC, CORE Media Group Productions, Inc., B17 Entertainment, LLC, Sonic Transformation, LLC, Squadron Media, LLC, Copper Hill Entertainment, LLC, Thumb Candy, LLC, 7th Floor Productions, LLC, Sunset View Productions, LLC, Gilded Entertainment, LLC, Alta Loma Entertainment, LLC, Clown Car Productions, LLC, Magma Productions, LLC, West Side Gear Company, LLC, Fresh Start Productions, LLC, Pioneer Production Services LLC, Sharp Entertainment, LLC, BP Production Services, LLC, IPC Mobile, LLC, IPC Television, LLC, Corporate Pointe Productions, LLC, Slauson Productions, LLC, Buckingham Television, Inc., OPC Television, LLC, Leeds Corporate Services, LLC, Music On Demand, LLC, Media Production Exchange, LLC, Oxnard Television LLC, and/or any parents companies and/or majority owned subsidiaries thereto (collectively, “Affiliates”). If you provide such consent, we may disclose such personal information to our business partners (“Partners”) and/or other third parties for purposes of direct marketing.
We encourage our Affiliates and Partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, their use of personal information obtained through the Platform is governed by their privacy policies and is not subject to our control.
Business Transfers. Industrial Media may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy. Industrial Media may anonymize and group together the information we collect from cookies, clickstream data and similar tracking technologies into aggregate visitor data in order to generally describe the use of the Platform to our existing or potential business partners, sponsors, or other third parties, or in response to a government request. We may also anonymize and group together demographic and preferences information that we collect from visitors into aggregate data for the same purposes. However, please be assured that this aggregate data does not personally identify you or any other visitors to the Platform.
Legal Disclosure. We will disclose information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, for example to comply with a court order or subpoena or to assist in criminal investigations. We may also disclose information when we deem it necessary in order to protect the safety and security of the Platform and visitors to the Platform or if we consider that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to, interference with or threatening the safety and/or security (either intentionally or unintentionally) of us, our Affiliates, Partners, or Vendors, our contractors or any of our or their officers, employees, agents or professional advisers, or any of our other rights or property, or other visitors or their rights or property, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
4. Your Rights & Choices
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section 1798.83) permits users of the Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or contact us by mail at: Industrial Media Inc., Attn: Business & Legal, 6007 Sepulveda Blvd., Van Nuys, California 91411.
If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
5. Children’s Privacy
This Platform is not intended for use by children under 13 and is intended for a general audience. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with any personal information, we will use that information only to respond directly to the child (or his or parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the Platform. We will then we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
We use reasonable measures in an effort to ensure that all personal information that it receives via the Internet is secure against unauthorized access.
If you create an account on the Platform, you may be asked to choose a password for your account, in which case your online account information will be protected by your password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You therefore should not disclose your password to any other person. We also seek to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure through the following measures (a) confidentiality requirements for our employees, (b) security measures for systems access and (c) restricting access to personal information to those circumstances where the individual seeking access has satisfied our identification requirements.
7. Links To Third Party Sites and Services
Please be aware that when you are on the Platform, you could be directed to other websites, apps or platforms that are beyond our control, including but not limited to websites, apps or platforms owned or operated by our Partners. These other websites, apps and platforms may send their own cookies to visitors, collect data or solicit personal information. Links to or from the Platform do not constitute sponsorship, endorsement or approval by us of the content, policies, practices, goods or services offered by or through those websites, apps or platforms.
8. Governing Law
10. Contact Us